999 exercise 9: unified body paragraphs (again)
Construct a body paragraph of at least 200 words beginning with one of the topic sentences below. Make sure to repeat the key words from the topic sentence in virtually every sentence of the paragraph.
- Men suffer from the stereotype that they are unemotional.
- Men suffer from the expectation that men are supposed to be financially successful providers.
- Men suffer from the stereotype that they are tough and physically dominant.
Tip: Develop the paragraph by
- In its first half, explaining what the stereotype or expectation actually is: give examples to support your case.
- In the second half of the paragraph, explain how the stereotype or expectation causes suffering, both for men who follow or believe in the expectation and those who defy it or do not follow it.