Writing Exercise 2
See Writing Tip 1 on my "writing tips" page.
Keeping in mind that you should repeat key words from each prompt in your question, and that your question should be simple and neutral, compose one question setting up a topic for argument for three different topics from the list of options below. So in total, you will write only three questions, a different one for three of the prompts below. The questions should be neutral—that is, they should set up the central issue to be argued without giving away any particular viewpoint on the topic.
- English 1101 as a requirement for all college students
- Drug testing for all high school students
- Countrywide banning of assault rifles
- Federal legalization of marijuana
- Mandatory voting in national elections
- Raising the legal drinking age to 21